Nation of War
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

reflex and red dot

Go down

reflex and red dot Empty reflex and red dot

Post  Guest Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:31 pm

what is the difference? is there one? i think the reflex zooms in a little more buts its not a significant amount at all. i prefer the red dot, if i wanted to zoom in id use acog, whick i dont use at all Very Happy

Back to top Go down

reflex and red dot Empty Re: reflex and red dot

Post  Guest Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:25 am

taken from the Call Of Duty Black Ops LE Guide:
campaign:
Red Dot Sight:
The red dot sight is perfect for short- to medium-range weapons. It increases your weapon's accuracy by a moderate amount.

Reflex Sight:
The Reflex sight is an optic that makes aiming your short- and medium-range weapons easier.

multiplayer:
Red Dot Sight:
The red dot is the simplest and most straightforward of the various optical sights. it's also very slightly misleading. by default, it's in fact a simple red dot, but it's also fully customizable.
you can configure the RDS to have any combination of reticle appearance, color, and lens tint to match your personal crosshair preference.
The RDS is not a zooming scope; it's purely for assissting you in aiming at medium-range targets.
The RDS is slightly more effective on an Assault Rifle than an SMG, simply by virtue of the fact that Assault Rifles have less damage falloff and higher minimum damage than SMGs. This makes Assault Rifles more appropriate for engaging at medium-range (or farther).

Reflex Sight:
The Reflex Sight is an alternative to the RDS, giving you a holographic image suspended in a deeper housing.
The Reflex Sight does have the disadvantage of being somewhat more affected by light glare than the RDS, which can interfere with your aim in a few places on certain maps, but this isnt a major issue in most situations.
The reflex sight is otherwise essentially identical to the RDS, including the ability to customize the color and shape of the reticle and the color of the lens.
Play around with both the RDS and the reflex on various weapons to see which you prefere using

sooooo... long story short: the reflex sight is like the holographic sight on MW2 and the RDS is... u guessed it :p anyway hope it helps a bit. i must say i prefered the RDS on MW2 but find myself playing with the reflex sight on BO

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum